Detailed Vin Check began out of a desire to take the vehicle history report industry to the next level. For too long almost no competition existed for these reports. CarFax®, and later on AutoCheck®, both continued to increase prices, all the while providing fewer and fewer services to their customers.
So Detailed Vin Check went about changing the way the industry did business. We looked at new ways of offering our clients the critical information they needed in a vehicle report. In the end, we chose the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) as our primary sourcing tool because it offered us a database of tens of millions of used vehicles, a database that is not only updated regularly, but is well-known for its accuracy. At the same time, we developed a relationship with an exceptional group which provides fast and timely lien data for millions of used vehicles.
We believe everyone is entitled to a fair price on a vehicle history report, since this information is absolutely essential to your making the right decision on a used vehicle. Of course, we help more than just individual buyers make smart decisions about used cars. If you are a dealer selling used vehicles, our website will promote your vehicles by giving your clients all the necessary information about them.
Lastly, we tried to provide services that our competition simply wasn’t offering. So we began providing certain auto auction information, such as whether or not a used vehicle has ever been in one, for free. We even give you a free picture of your vehicle at the auction when available.
We’re always looking for new ways to make Detailed Vin Check great. Send us your feedback today, and let us know how we can make your life easier when you need a vehicle history report.
NEW TO Detailed Vin Check? NO PROBLEM! Our registration process takes one minute to complete, and you’ll have unlimited access once you’re finished.
Who we are and what we do
Detailed Vin Check and our family of sites are leaders in the online report space. With a world class product we are proud to serve customers around North America. Our customer service is available 7 days a week.
- Great rating on reseller ratings.
- Customer service is open 7 days a week
- Everyday we actively seek out any unsatisfied customers online and immediately issue refunds.
- All our offers are reviewed and comply with Google & Bing’s strict compliance and disclosure guidelines.
- For 2016 our customer credit card disputes averaged less than 1%, some months we were as low as 0.2%, clear proof customer satisfaction is higher than ever.
- Our reports often will save customers up to 25 dollars over our competitors. This is leading to massive savings for our customers with the millions of reports sold. With our Volume Discount packages customers can save even more.
How Were Improving Our Service
Although we had a great year in 2016, we will also be the first to admit some areas where we came up short and we will ensure that these issues are fully resolved in the last quarter of 2017.
- each site will only have one credit card descriptor starting in March, we have noticed that when the credit card descriptor changes or doesn't fully relate to the product they purchased some of our customers may get confused.
- we have completely redone our back end to make its simpler and easier for our customers to access the report they buy, this will largely eliminate any consumers be unable to open their report.
- we have completely redesigned our reports to offer the customers more information.
Vehicle History Report
- Vehicle Specs (Vin, Model Year, Make, Trim, Body Type, Manufacture, Engine, Production Country)
- Odometer Information
- Junk & Salvage Information
- Brand Summary with Explanation
- Insurance Information
- Vehicle Statistics In USA
- Accident Information In USA
- Vehicle Registration Information
- Local Information (when applicable)
- Custom Information (when applicable)
We have redesigned our Volume Discount Package, and added a checkbox to avoid any customer confusion
Starting in march we are also emailing and mailing a package to our customer every time they get charged, which will include our contact information. This will ensure our customers always know what's going on and can always reach us.
Having a billing issue?
Please contact our customer service department and we will immediately resolve the issue for you. Our customers are our numbe one priority and its why we are successful as a company.
For all existing customers:
- Please contact customer care at (800) 451-4846 or use our live chat.
As always we are 100% committed to making things right for our customers.